Ok, so let's pretend dd who will be 4 and 7 months at the start of next school year is yours to decide for :-) her wppsi is low 140s. your options may include a variety of private half days... public school half day (where the ages may range in aug from barely 5 to fully 6)... the gifted charter big sis attends where the only k option is all day (but average age will likely be barely 5)... or stay in a pre-school p-k program with the likelihood of skipping k all together as her sister did.

I don't see montessori as an option - she isn't self driven in areas that don't excite her so self managing time consept may not produce results.

Maturity isn't off the charts. Most friends are 6-12 months older or are her sister's friends. She has had a handful of melt-downs in pre-school. she doesn't seem to have any strong friendships in pre-school like she does with some kids outside of pre-school. not sure why. hannah's fantasy style play is extremely intricate/involved and it seems on some occasions she can interest a child or two in her world but often seems to do her own thing.

I know I re-addressing the same issue. Before it ws an assumption... now assessments have made it a real issue.

All ears (well if you look past my big butt)!