Thanks. DH will come to the meeting. This group does take me seriously, but I have to say that the principal at the old school was so sexist it was infuriating. And he had no clue and would be appalled to learn that the mothers thought he was sexist. All my complaints and suggestions fell on deaf ears and I was labeled a problem parent.

Have to hand it to them, the public school takes parental complaints seriously - maybe b/c he has an IEP and it' s required by law. And the teachers are lovely, the principal and child study team as nice as can be. And I'm still second-guessing myself, thinking
I'm pushing DS and he's not ready for it. But then again, he's the one who is insulted by the work they're doing in school.
I'd like to have the psych who did the testing there. I feel that would be helpful, and I will ask her. But she's been ill and probably can't make it.

And cym, I appreciate the sensitivity and spirit of your comments. You'd think DS would end up okay, but last year ended in crisis with a change of personality, which thankfully has been reversed. So, we want to continue to be very careful to support him.

Ideally, we'd like him to stay in school, love it, and learn. If we're honest with ourselves, that may not be possible.

As for my nervousness, I keep thinking maybe DS is not that top of the heap. I know that's ridiculous, but I can see what the teachers do (or don't, as the case may be) see. He's slow completing his work (but incredibly quick at understanding things), and not particularly motivated to do school work. When I looked at the Ruf levels, there really were areas that I saw as Level 5, but others that were much more ordinary. Our goal for this year was to bring up the lagging areas so that he can do what he wants with his more highly advanced skills without frustration. Problem is we can't seem to get the right mix of remedial help and appropriate level and rate of learning.