Okay, now this myers-briggs stuff is bleeding into ALL the threads.
It's taking over the forum!!!!!!!
Darn you, you myers-brigs people whoever you are, you are enabling the categorizing people!!

Okay Kriston and Dottie, INFJ here, but very close to INTJ. I'll be the conduit of understanding since I seem to be close to both sides.

I see it as Dottie spells out the differences between the kids very black-whitish. This is done in a process that we all do here. To sort things out and make better sense of them. Data analyst.

I consider it an advanced parenting skill that actually helps us meet our children's unique needs, very well.

But if you step out of the analyst box, it can look very cold, especially because we are talking about our own children. I mean "good moms" are supposed to see(love) their children all the same. I put love in parenthesis because I think that's the root of the confusion. KWIM?
But, fair isn't everyone gets the same, it's everyone gets what they need. I think that is really what we are doing and my opinion is that it's the key to good parenting.
Now, if you are a intense F person like myself, for example. I "see" people's feelings, motivations etc. I actually think that's why I've had success with advocating at school. I'm able to manuever through meetings on the fly. I always "sense" what's coming next and am quick on my feet.

Okay, getting off subject, I'll pat myself on the back later. In my family I sensed that my mom favored my sister and my dad favored me. It was ever so slight and not obvious. In fact, most people don't pick up that stuff. But a kid is not supposed to know that stuff, so it kind of stinks.
If I were a different person, Dottie, some of your posts could have pushed several buttons with me, KWIM.
However, one of my letters allows me to put all this stuff in perspective and not internalize it. Which letter is that?
And, I'm not saying you favor your son. But someone that doesn't know you could misinterpret a post or two if they hadn't been here long enough to have read all/most of your threads.
I get you, though. I feel ya, girl.

Incog