Any suggestions on learning to spell better for DS7? In two years of spelling tests, I don't think he's missed more than two words total, but when he writes, he doesn't necessarily remember how to spell those words. He wants to know how to spell and complains that his teachers don't care and aren't teaching him. I think what is happening is that they want the kids to write and not to get stuck on spelling. As DS says, they only care that the children try their best. This actually has been good for DS, as last year he wouldn't write anything if he couldn't write it right. Still, his work does not come back corrected - he just gets the usual star or smiley face, and he is becoming increasingly frustrated - that and if I point out he made a mistake on a word, he won't correct it saying the teacher's don't care.

So, what do you think? Does it all come back to phonics? What do HS'ers do about spelling? As always, suggestions appreciated!

ps - Dottie, I included the icon with the question mark, but if you point the mouse at it, you'll see it's confused, not questions. Where is confused? Confused, if you're still out there, check back in. We miss you!