But my concern is 'if they don't get that 1st grade is needed this year, how will you convince them that 2nd grade is needed next year?'

It sounds like that are playing the 'any excuse will do' game. If you have 5 indicators one way, they will pay more attention to the one indicator the other way (star) or fabricate an indicator by raising the bar (crying)

Don't pin your hopes on the IQ scores = maybe if the tester will go to the school and advocate for you. I would call a lawyer or get a back up plan.

IQ scores just don't mean much to most schoolies. They trust what they see in front of them, and if they don't have a slot for 'hugely gifted' in their brains, then they won't 'see' what you see. Try taking videos of your DS talking about his favorite books - like an oral book report, and show them the kid you see.

I think the assertiveness will help all around. Teachers like outgoing, bubbly kids as a general rule, and find them 'more mature' than shy ones. After all - it is easy to get lost in the shuffle of so many kids if one is shy, and the teachers find it helpful to be able to trust that 'no news is good news with Bobby.'

Ug!
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com