Thanks Grinity! I can't express how useful the discussion forums have been to me! There is no way they will let him be in first full time this year. I am fighting for next year to be better at this point. They told me (nicely) that they think it was a mistake to let him do first at all this year and think he should be in first full days next year. I think that's crazy. He has a 98 average in first grade now with no real effort. What happened is he took a 10 minute test called the STAR reading test. They are basing all their ideas on this test. He came out a high first grade reader. I believe this is completely wrong. He only reads third grade and higher books for fun. I asked my son what he thought of the STAR test. He told me he wasn't positive and stared at the computer until time ran out. He thinks to not answer is better than taking a chance on being wrong :-) My son is in a very small public school. There are only two teachers per grade. For second grade, the kids switch in the middle of the day. They have each teacher equal time. I was hoping IQ scores would push them into thinking full time second grade would be possible (or at least subject acceleration.) I volunteer in the kindergarten class. I do not see a similar group of kids. We have been working on emotional control. Truthfully, he doesn't have a huge problem. I think he's cried 5 times total this year. He tends to be a little shy around teachers. I'm working on teaching him to be more assertive of his needs. I think if he would express himself sooner when he has a problem it wouldn't get to the point of crying. The classes are very big... 27 students in Kindergarten with no full-time aide. He's just not good at jumping in when he has a problem and demanding attention from the teacher. We're working on it!