Lucconu, haven't you been paying ANY attention to the rumor mills and urban legends about IQ, and education, and etc. The racial disparity has as much to do with what the tests are testing, who's writing the tests, and what the tests are relevant to. When it comes to the final outcome I think doctors kids become doctors and mechanics kids become mechanics (or something in the same paygrade) and the stories we hear about anything different is probably the exception, not the rule. An iq's not an aptitude test, it's more of a scholarly aptitude test, right?
And that's not mentioning what I almost posted last night but I don't why I would hesitate to be so opinionated, maybe because many people HERe, probably made it on their own. Buuuut, most people I know below the middle class who got a higher education it's because their family helped them. And that's never been just for "oh, they've got a good brain, let's develop it.". It's been sacrificing and prioritizing by their family members, risk-taking outside of the family's comfort zone. Also, according to urban myth, this is why foreign kids study harder because they do owe it to their families and their parents will make them quit school and get a job if they don't get straight A's. (at least that's what they tell their friends at school.). Poor American families don't have to threaten to make the kids quit school and get a job, they have to work hard on top of everything else to also make sure the kid doesn't make that popular choice.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar