Originally Posted by Val
I submit that encouraging everyone to go to college is one example of a bad way to try to solve a social problem.

You've got a point, with our current educational system, where I believe we still have some graduating high school seniors who read poorly or not at all. Those people should be encouraged to become garbage collectors, unless we actually care about them. But if the elementary and high schools everywhere were "optimal", I think anyone with average or better biological attributes would be well-prepared for college-- even, if their interests so lay, for tensor calculus. laugh

I agree wholeheartedly that we shouldn't be afraid to discuss racial (and class) differences. I see any racial genetic differences in intelligence potential to be small potatoes compared to educational problems today, though. This is especially true since here in the US, certain minorities and social classes are educationally disadvantaged, with effects far stronger than those from any biological differences.

Striving to increase my rate of flow, and fight forum gloopiness. sick