I would say if your child scored 146 on the Nagleiri, he is mostly certainly highly gifted (or more), at least from a visual spatial angle. The NNAT's highest score possible is 150. Our district uses the NNAT and scores above 140 are considered ceiling level for the that particular test. I had a kindergartner that presented very similarly. I had no idea he was GT before I got these scores, but I did know he wasn't very happy at school. His achievement took off soon thereafter Now he is in 4th grade, and his achievement scores are at that PG level. He actually had quite a bit of intensity as a preschooler. But he invested that energy in using the computer, mastering lego sets for much older kids, reverse engineering duct work and plumbing system, and asking a zillion questions. He never learned to read until he jumped 5 or 6 grade levels of reading in kindergarten. He just didn't have the interest in "school" type work early. He was just intense and curious. I knew nothing about GT until I got the NNAT scores.

I am truly stunned your school doesn't think your child is GT material with those scores, curious or no. I think young boys can have a very hard time if they're not engaged. If you have a GT program available to you, I would jump on it. Your child may be heavily visual spatial too (which would be consistent with an extremely high score on the NNAT, lower score verbal). So that may be something to think about. Anyway, I would definitely tend to believe your testing psychologist!