Originally Posted by La Texican
Its a relief to hear . �I feel the lack of horsepower under the wig, but I thought it was from spending all day talking only to a 3yr old. �I was beginning to believe the old wives tales that becoming a mother changes you. I read books and talk to adults as much as is practical too, and I've never done anything spectacular to really miss doing. Still, I miss it.�

And the radio analogy rocks!
In my first two years of being a father, I found myself with little interest in anything other than parenting. This was not surprising given I had wanted this more than anything else in the world. I don't know if becoming a parent changed me, I always knew I would be this way.

It was shortly after my daughter turned two I found myself interested in an old goal. One of the reasons I dropped this goal was I felt it was maybe a bit too big and might take me away from any kind of normal life. The most important aspect of this normal life was in my mind having children. My guess as to why this goal suddenly came back was due to a sense of freedom I felt having finally had a child.

I also wondered if the almost complete lack of any adult contact had something to do with it. A baby spends a lot of the time sleeping, but not long enough for any given stretch to really start anything. Although I tried to catch up on much needed sleep, all I ended up doing most of the time was thinking.

Of course right after the baby stage comes a child wanting a lot of attention. So any idea I may have had on spending any significant time on this goal will have to wait.

It was interesting to read your comment. I hadn't really thought it might just be something that happens to a lot of parents whether they had some big goal in the past or not.

Thanks for the comment.