Actually, the other thing keeping us busy is testing for DS6's LD. I had planned to post about that once I knew something. Well, after today, I know something!

We've had two appointments so far with two different experts, and today's was really helpful. A language pathology expert (???) checked his receptive language and his ability to produce. There's *clearly* a weak spot in his ability to process what he hears and put his answers to questions about it into words.

His vocab and ability to respond physically to what he hears (by pointing to a picture when told to, for example), are far beyond his years. But ask him to answer a question about a story that he just heard, and he's lost. He also had some trouble saying words he knew when shown a picture. "Tip of the tongue syndrome" she called it, jokingly.

Producing language is clearly problematic for him. She doesn't recommend therapy, but she has some tips to help him. He needs to practice answering questions when someone reads to him. Of course we do some of this, but we need to do more. Among other things.

We don't have an official diagnosis yet, and really we don't know what this means. We have several more evaluations still to come. But something weird is going on, and it's clear to someone who knows what she's talking about and will be in a report. That's a good step for us at this point.

Kriston