Originally Posted by ultramarina
Also, DD's principal (who is a piece of work) told us after giving us these scores that there are "at least 3 and probably 5" kids in her class who are as gifted as she is. Note that she is in a class of 11.
this is a standard line - not sure why, but the standard response is:

"I'm so glad to hear it, that's exactly what we are hoping for! - so it would really benefit about half the class for the teacher to provide reading material such as (fill in dd's recent favorite books) and provide math enrichment that includes (fill in dd's recent Math interests.) When do you think it's reasonable for me expect to see homework at this level coming home in my dd's backpack? Do you need me to help organize volunteer to help the other kids while the teacher works with this advanced group?"

Bring in samples of Book reports and Math sheets in dd's handwriting to show that you aren't just making stuff up.

If you've been taking notes all along, this is a great time to raise the pen expectantly and write down whatever the principle says next. You can sort of mutter/repeat what the principle said as you are writing it down, so the Principle has a chance to hear how it sounds. Not pretty usually. As if you are taking notes for a school board meeting or local newspaper - but you don't have to say that.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com