Hi Chrys, thank you for the recommendation. I have already ordered the book. For the last two days, I've been wondering if he was midiagnosed. He has good eye contact, he used to have no friends, but since he started the gifted program he has made a few good friends. His sense of humor is never appreciated by his friends (even now), and he can read facial expressions. Sure, he has sensory issues especially auditory, and he can hear the mosquitoes fluttering around and tell you how many there are. He cannot stand loud noises and noises at certain frequencies, especially people singing at an imperfect pitch, could it be because he has a perfect/sensitive pitch?

I am going to read the book when it arrives.

Is there a possibility of highly gifted or PG kids being misdiagnosed as Asperger's? Could he be rocking because he is bored because he never does that at home. He does no flapping. He also does not like to follow routines, but he'll get upset if a new routine affects his dietary/sleeping patterns. He is clumsy, though. He reads widely and has love for many topics, and talks in depth about many topics, and not particularly any specific topic. He can, however, go too in-depth about a new topic he just learnt and loses his audience completely, and he wouldn't know others are no longer interested. But now that I've taught him to read people's bored cue, he seems to have learnt when to stop.

The psychologist has gone to the school to listen to the teacher's complaints and that's when the smiley system came into place. I'm going to look to the OT for fidget equipment and see what are available.

DS also makes frequent trips to the toilet, but the teachers are very concerned with his safety and wants his trips lessened. He used to hide in the toilet when he did something wrong. He was afraid the teachers would 'attack' him for being bad. Grinity, how did you get the privilege of handpicking our teachers? Did you have to produce some papers?

Wow NanRos, 5 years. It doesn't matter how long, as long as there is hope...

Thank you so much for the help. At least I'm seeing some possible steps to take, and definitely some possible answers.