Originally Posted by Grinity
I happend to be watching this TED talk this morning during my excersize routine: http://www.ted.com/talks/sebastian_seung.html
I was impressed with the cool 3D graphics, but even more so with the persona being projected by the guy talking. I found it very appealing. Does he seem fake to you? Pretentious? To be hiding his intelligence?

Love and More Love,
Grinity

He does not seem fake or pretentious to me at all. I am often told that once people get to know me they seem my more personable side, I can be charming and speak well in front of others. In this case Sebastian is already put in a position of power. The audience is already there to listen to him speak. And I suspect many already know who he is, or have heard of him by reputation before arriving. So the mindset going in is different as well.

I have only really experienced my difficulty in the professional world. And since that is where my career is, and likely to stay. It is where I would like to make improvements. I do well in social settings, even when I am the new guy. I do well in public. I can be chatty, flirty etc..

But I am having trouble finding my place in the office.