You might consider professional counciling. You son could confide in someone qualified to support any issue he is dealing with in a professional way. Counciler provides ways to cognitively address problems by things child can say when dealing with bullies. I also found out information from parents and other children about what was really going on. My grandson was also bullied at school, also a very sad story, but support from counciling(outside the school distric) helped him to make it through the ordeal with ways to deal with social issues like bullying. I also would encourage self-defence classes. Often, as sad as it is. Being able to hold your own in sisuations where you are out numbered or threatened by peers ,causes peers to quit threatening you if you aren't someone who they can beat up. It takes the fun right out of it. It is sad we live in a society where women are strongly encouraged to take self defence classes to not become a victim. Did you file your complaint of the assult with your State Department of Education? You can contact State Department and request complaint form and Written Policy on How to Address Bullying. Ask to speak to the Safe and Drug Free School Director. You can share your concerns with the Director about bullying You can ask when is the next Safe and Drug Free Conference, if you are interested in attending. Conferences are usually free. Parents can empower theirselves by knowledge of how educational programs work.

Wishing you the best!