My 12-year-old son, who always loved to argue, found another good debate site--debate.org. He really enjoys reading the debates and tries to get me to read and discuss them with him. We have not been able to find any debate classes and I am not much help since I never took debate, so I decided he needed a rule book so he can perfect his skill in arguing.

I am still amazed at how easy it is to go to amazon.com, look at sample pages of books to find just the right one and then have it immediately sent to the iPad so we can start reading it right away. I decided to get A Rulebook for Arguments.

They don't offer middle school debate classes at our public school so this is another good thing about homeschooling. This is another interest that he can follow without any kind of restrictions.

We read a few chapters of A Rulebook for Arguments last night together and we can see how it might also help him in his co-op writing composition class. He is still making A+ on every paper, but it is getting harder. So here is another thing that is keeping him from doing as much math as I would like for him to do, but it is hard for me to tell him to stop reading and learning things that he enjoys so much to do math.

I have to admit that I don't find math as interesting as science, history, and everything else and this makes it harder for me to encourage him to do more of it.