skylersmommy and hkc:
I am in the same boat as you! Some days are diamonds and others are coal. I think they are supposed to be gold, but the song doesn't fit that way around here lately!

I just picked up the book Creative Homeschooling by Lisa Rivero. She really hits home for me in terms of why we homeschool. I feel more relaxed now about how things are going. I'm always having to remind myself, as others said, that this is a marathon not a sprint. I'm trying to focus on the long term goals and remember not to do "school at home."

It's been really hard to try juggling hs with starting a new business but I think I'm finding a rhythm there. Some days we do lots of kid focused activities and then I may have a couple of days where I'm more focused on work related activities. I need to stop feeling guilty about those days and just move on to the next round of "school days."

The important thing is that I've noticed the kids are more relaxed and happy this fall. Last year was so stressful for the family. Still adjusting to many changes in our lives but we seem to moving forward. Guess it can't be all that bad if we are headed in the right direction. smile