Trinity

They did try to throw the possible ADHD disorder early on in the year. My husband and I approached the school with the request for GT testing.They said that he didn't look gifted but that he may be ADHD!I was so insulted,here I am telling them that he needs accelerated classes and they tell me that maybe he is just mentally ill!
Little did they know that he attended week end Arabic school. Which is another classroom situation of about 30 children.The week-end school wrote a letter stating that they were not experiening the same problems. And that he is one of the best performing kids in the classroom. so much so that he is put to help other children.
They did give him a psycologicial test,he scored 115. They also gave him a IQ test,which they did NOT give me the scores.They only told me there was nothing in the IQ test to worry about. And that the test indicated that he didn't qualify for any special ED services! Every time I will bring up the IQ test at this meeting,they would change the subject very quickly. They also told me that although my son doesn't do any kind of class work (along with sometimes test) that he will not be retained! This test was NOT an IEP,It was a pretest to see if they need to do the IEP TEST.
This year is like THE TWILIGHT ZONE.Nothing makes any sence.My son is on strike at school and comes home to ask if I have something new for him to learn about! He doesn't read at school, But comes home and reads non-stop.However he clearly tells me that he doesn't want to be homeschooled! I don't get it!
On the ruf estimate he sounds to me like a level 2 with some of the charateristics of math and reading of level 3.(Except for the early vocabulary.) He was half deaf up until last year. He perfected the art of reading lips and went undetected for years!
Is what I'm experiencing with him and the school normal? Did you really have a similiar experience? Am I crazy for even thinking that he is gifted? I'm all ears for any advice!

~Deeyana~