Just for a bit of background, I've been trying to get my daughter into her school's TAG (Talented & Gifted) program for about a year now. She was just hospitalized for cystic fibrosis issues and while there further testing ended up in a High Functioning Asperger's diagnosis, along with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and mild depression co-morbidities. Her IQ (Kbit..which I realize is a brief test, but my understanding is it correlates pretty well to the Wisc) was 135, verbal and nonverbal scores both 132. Last year she had a straight A average (she's 9, 4th grade), but was on homebound almost the entire year.

For those of you who have been there, my concern is that they are going to deny IEP services because of her academic achievement, when who knows how far she could go with the proper supports in place. Her developmental ped has recommended keyboarding for longer written assignments, a step by step schedule she can see on her desk, written instructions for assignments, social skills group & training, warning before fire drills, non-verbal corrections, lessened homework load, and testing mastery before requiring repetitive work as well as subject acceleration in reading/language arts. Her Asperger's diagnosis came in because of things like lack of attention span, social issues, not making eye contact, gross motor deficits, basically pretty textbook symptoms that I had never really pieced together. I have the SCT meeting on Monday, which is when they determine whether an IEP is needed. On the upside, I'm hoping the Kbit scores and neuropsych's report will be enough to stop the TAG struggles. She was supposed to take the Naglieri the week she went into the hospital, so that has not happened yet. Any advice at all would be appreciated!