KD - if you find the info, I'd love it. Thank you!

The IEP went well, and I think it's a good fit for now. He has a teacher this year who has over 30 years' experience and is still highly invested in the kids. He has already offered some solutions which have made an excellent improvement (finger spelling on sand paper for one - my son got a 100 on a spelling test for the first time ever). So I'm ok not fighting the not-gifted label at this time, since getting it would mean not having this teacher this year.

The diagnostician recommended in the IEP that my son be re-evaluated for gifted within the next three years, so it's actually part of his IEP. She said she thinks that as he continues to gain new ground, he will perform better in testing. And I am good with that. The IEP in place allows him some of the accommodations he would have had in gifted - more creative based projects instead of worksheets, etc. They also added in the entire rainbow of accommodations for the dysgraphia just in case we need to use any of them, but his current teacher says that my son is keeping up and thriving with the same written work that the other kids have (minus the poor spelling on written assignments).

So thank you - all of you - for helping me sort through the issues with the right resources and information. It was such a help!