Grinity - I looked into the Lego League, but our state only has the robotics contest for older students. Bummer - he would've loved that.

I have decided that I am not going to rock the boat. Not because I am afraid to (I've tipped the boat over before for my oldest and have no regrets), but because I'm not sure what it would accomplish at this point. He has made enough strides in accommodations and remediation for the learning disability to function on grade level in the class. He is thriving in his class this year, and I think another year or two will really show whether he is indeed gifted as he makes even more strides with his disability or whether he is a very bright child who is not gifted. If in another year or two I see that he needs more creative or challenging work, then I can invest in some private testing and do whatever it takes to battle the school to get him what he needs.

I'm not sure I'm making the right decision, but it is the most expedient since there are no pressing needs that make it imperative that I go to war over this now.

Sigh. It would be lovely if the right parental choices where highlighted in bright yellow marker so we wouldn't have to worry so much, wouldn't it?