Originally Posted by master of none
We are enthusiastic and positive when we are OK with the plan, even if it's not a great plan, or if it's the best we think we can get at the time. We keep that going up to the point we need to make changes. At the very least, it makes the staff comfortable interacting with us, even if they don't want to make changes when we ask.

Agreed.

And the truth is that there is plenty to cheer about. He's received excellent services at the school when it comes to remediation, compensation skills and occupational therapy - more than I'd hoped for in the beginning. When he was 7, I doubted he would ever be able to communicate through writing or do a simple math problem on paper. This morning he typed his campaign platform for student council and was elected by his class after they chose his ideas as the best of all that were submitted. I have tears of joy as I write this post, because I can see doors opening up for him because of his own tenacity and the support he's already received.

Believe me, I will make sure his teachers and support staff know how much I appreciate them and what they've done.

Thanks for the advice.