inky, thanks!

It may not be worth fighting for training in how to button his pants and tie his shoes. My guess is that they're going to say that these are easily accommodated with velcro, slip-ons, and elastic -- you and I might think that those are crucial life skills that a school should teach, but I am not sure the school is really legally on the hook for those. They're not going to be deal-breakers for a kid to be able to live independently in adulthood. Spend the money you'd have spent on advocates and lawyers (who would probably spend years and then lose that fight) on private OT, or get stuff from www.theraproducts.com (the owners, two OTs, are really nice people and can probably help you figure out how to intervene at home) and roll your own.

What I think might be more worth looking at is how much wiggle room there may be in the GT qualifications, and what additional information might help them understand the nature of the 2E. If they'd be open to information from an outside evaluation, that may be expensive, and it's crucial that you have it done by someone who knows 2E issues well -- I have an article on my site talking about the general problem here: http://www.davincilearning.org/sketchbook/multiple_exceptionality.html -- but if you can swing it, it might be more helpful than waiting three years of middle school with no GT services, until the kid is about to enter high school where classes are tracked (yay!) but he didn't have access to the curriculum that the other honors-class-bound kids did for the past three years.

I'll take a look at the scores you posted and see if I have any other ideas...