Hi. I am new to forum and also to the idea that my DD4 maybe be gifted. I am looking for advice and support.

We have been having trouble parenting DD. My sister (who is a school psychologist) suggested that DD maybe gifted. She also told me that gifted children need different parenting styles. Some of the time she feels like a difficult child and we as parents are just not doing things right. I have read all the developmental charts and giftedness characteristics. My DD does fit some � but what really draws me to forum is the stories everyone shares. DD was speech delayed � she had no words until 3, timeout is a joke, and lately she is nonstop with requests and questions, and she tolerates preschool at best.

This brings me to my first question � what type of reactions do/ did you get if you suggest to family/ friends/ educators that your child maybe gifted? When I mentioned to other family members that I suspect my DD is gifted � I have gotten less than positive responses. My brother even went as far as to explain how to give a correct timeout. With my experience thus far my fear is she is not gifted and I am �that� mom. Any advice would be welcome!