After two years in schools with gifted education ( differentiation and enrichment for the first school, which was code for "we do nothing", and "self - contained" - don't you love that label?... for the second year) we finally found a wonderful performing arts charter school where our son is thriving. No matter what the label that gets stuck on your child or how good the program is touted to you as parents, nothing matters unless the school puts your child's success at a premium, doesn't treat your child like a number, respects you as parents who know your child better than anyone (yes, Mr. Psychologist, I DO see my child differently than other people....I'm his mother!) AND if the schools don't take FAPE (free and appropriate public school education) seriously as in the letter of the law, it won't matter where your child goes to school. Gifted education was not the answer everyone starting from 4th grade at Montessori proclaimed it to be. Only you as parents will know the right fit. Or, as Joni Mitchell once sang, "people will tell you where they've been, they'll tell you where to go, but till you get there yourself....you'll never really know".