My DS's school suggested a grade skip simply because they had nothing else for him - his 1st grade teacher said he had nothing to teach him - even that wasn't really enough. The second grade teacher was very excited to do something for an advanced kid until she realized that he was way ahead of her kids too and we were pushing her to differentiate for DS.

I don't think anyone on this board has had a situation where the schools have just bent over backwards to provide our DCs with the best possible accomodations, but I have been at my DS's school since the 1st week of K when I realized that he already knew everything she said she was going to teach him that year. Over a period of time, I built a relationship with people inside and outside of the school to get to my least worse option (this is a frequent term here), then I applied to a different district's HG program and we are still working with the school. So, while success might not really happen, I think you can get to a point where it is not as bad as it once was. I think you are well on your way smile