all I know is NOTHING has worked for DD#1 and I'm just so sad. Where do you all live that your public (?) school teachers are actually suggesting your kids be accelerated or are even open to it? And are all your kids work producers? Mine REFUSES to do things, especially writing...it's been an issue since Kindergarden (she's in 3rd now) and NO ONE has offered a single solution that actually works. Part of me is secretly pleased that she has everyone jumping all around, but since I'm one of those people, I am utterly EXHAUSTED! School is totally ruining my ability to appreciate my wonderful, serious, creative, interesting little person!
I am getting ready to go to the mat with the school because I feel she would be better off in our less than 500 kids K-12 magnet (global citizenship) but I feel like they are not really willing to explore "special treatment" for my kid...that they would rather tell me to take her to one of the schools in our district that does have GATE classes...

You what I DO know doesn't work? WAITING. and that's why I'm trying to get my 4.5 yo in kinder early...that's going to be a real fun battle, I'm sure

I get excited when the library lets me know my books are ready for pickup...