Originally Posted by gratefulmom
Similarly, saying she is social is wonderful! Talking about other children gravitating towards her is probably unnecessary and overkill, esp. if that doesn't happen right away in this new class.

Hmmm, I might agree with you that it's unnecessary. I was simply trying to rephrase the comment about being a leader, even with older kids, in a way that might be more palatable to the teacher. It seemed that Maryanne1 felt that this was important to express. I do agree that the teacher would probably pick up on this on their own, though.

I don't agree that it's overkill and this is why. If the child is indeed a natural leader it might be important for the teacher to know this upfront, especially if the child starts to shut down in class, which sometimes happens with very gifted children.
Had the teacher not know that generally, the child is very social and leader-like, she/he might just assume the child is shy. Which does not seem like the case.

In any event, I'm sure the letter that you write will be very good, whatever you do decide to include, Maryanne1.

smile