Thank you for all the comments. I have asked the library for Marica Gross' book Exceptionally Gifted Children and I look forward to seeing the differences between auditory and non-linear learners.

I asked my husband about his obsessional type learning. And he remembered going to the library with his father at 4 to learn all about space travel. But he said that DD asks questions about a picture in a story book to understand the story behind the story. "What is that guy doing?" He said he never did that, her obsession is to understand the whole situation. She just gathers information as you goes along and files it somewhere, because it comes up again, when you least expect it. So I am curious how it all defines itself by learning styles.

Everyone was very helpful.

The public gifted school is trying to go back to the SB, the school board made them go to the OLSAT and they are getting moderately gifted kids.

Though that is an interesting one. My friend, whose son scored 98th percentile on the SB for Hunter, got the Kindergarten-test prep for the OLSAT. He was getting them all wrong when starting, now after prepping aces. And from her perspective he is going to get into a great school with an accelerated curriculum.

At the end of the day, we provide the best education for our kids and they have to figure out what to do with it. Never thought I would go to Wall Street. And I think that really works for non-linear types.

Ren