"Agreed. Though we just took the WISC and I was surprised at how much FOK stuff there was in it. That stuff could be hothoused if you knew it was on the test. "-Kriston

I'll agree with that that, but I still think hot housing your child on FOK stuff still won't put them in the top 2% in the WISC. FOK counts accounts for what, 1 or 2 subcategories? I believe they are not sufficiently weighted to carry a FSIQ into HG or PG territory if the innate reasoning skills are lacking.
Dottie, please jump in on this if I am misinformed here.

"Two, you can hothouse to get great scores. There was a study done on the SB. You can use the SB to hot house or use the pre-k books etc. You can gain an average of 13 IQ points, almost a standard deviation. So you could go from 66th percentile to 95th, approximately. But I think it only works in the younger set."- Ren

This may be true of the SB, in fact, this is the reason some don't like the test as much anymore, the score can present as inflated. It's often viewed as outdated.
However, You cannot hot house a child into an HG or PG score on the WISC IV, I'll stand by that statement. The test has been updated to make it harder to ceiling out.
IQ is supposed to be measuring the extent to which a child can learn, not what they already know. I would't defend a statement that processing speed and WMI accurately measure IQ, or even claim I could tangibly tell you what IQ is.
However, the major thing I have noticed with both my HG child and my PG child is the how quickly they master concepts and how much they remember and from how far back they have retained it from(although WMI doesn't exactly measure this). In terms of these categories, there is a vast difference if you compare the two of them with a child who is average or even moderately gifted. Indeed, there is a noticible difference between the two of them even though they are only 3/10th of 1% difference in terms or their score.
Some view the brain as like a muscle in terms of being able to excercise it and improve performance.

I'll agree to a point, but I don't think you can hot house a child into thinking more quickly and remembering more.

Lastly, there are lots of generalizations and stereotypes concerning how a gifted child is supposed "to be". I think we can all agree that sterotypes can be wrong and sometimes harmful. I think it's outrageous that someone could come up with a checklist of gifted traits and make a subjective determination whether or not a child is gifted based on matching up perfectly with the list. This has been done in our school district, which is why I cringe when I see these lists.

Incog