First, I was trying not to be competitive with my friend. But it has come to the point where I don't talk about DD achievements, besides people notice and say enough already.

Two, you can hothouse to get great scores. There was a study done on the SB. You can use the SB to hot house or use the pre-k books etc. You can gain an average of 13 IQ points, almost a standard deviation. So you could go from 66th percentile to 95th, approximately. But I think it only works in the younger set.

Third. I think that is why I asked people for your opinions on what they look for and thank you for your answers. Like when we did the test a few weeks ago, DD whipping through this one section in a flip book. She was actually giving wrong answers then at one point, where it got harder, she stopped, went back and corrected herself. She wasn't bored anymore -- according to the tester -- this was towards the end of test. The tester says that what was telling was her self-correcting, because a 3 year old doesn't self correct. But that kind of thing doesn't neccessarily happen in an evaluation.

And although everyone said very interesting things, I have to admit that at 18 months DD did not ask why the elephant had a built in shower. We were delighted that she started using 3 word sentences.

Another question. There was a question whether your child was so interested in a topic that they "researched" it and learned as much as possible about it. They are talking about 3 and 4 year olds.

A couple of mothers asked if Disney princesses counted, because that was the only thing their DD were interested in to any extent. My DD doesn't research on the Internet and we do go to the library, but she seems interested in so many things. She looks at the globe and wants to know where certain places are, she knows her planets, about the asteroid belt, as mentioned she asks a great many questions about things. Is that "researching" for a 3 year old? What is your experience? It seems like she is filling files -- and she does use it, sometimes strangely in a story.

Though many times it is working to apply it to her life, like at school they learned about liquid, gas and solid. So asking questions about the butter melting in the pan, the solid is turning into liquid. But there a bunch of questions when she first learned the concept to figure it out and put it somewhere in her brain and then it was done, she understood it.

But I do not know, I trust the psychologist, who has tested twice now, to have a better opinion.

Ren