Ren - One thing to try is to shorten the session, or divide them in half and do 2 shorted sessions.

Another thing to try is to let her 'compete' with you to see who can learn the notes faster.

I think someone mentioned the idea of letting her practice by writing down a song she knows or has written herself. That might make more sense to her.

When you first mentioned sight reading I had a picture of learning the names of the letter, and associating where on the piano the various pictoral notes lived. But your description sounds different. If the job is mostly learning to identify the notes by name, my son showed me a great trick. His teacher held her left hand with the fingers slightly spread. The fingers then represented the lines of the staff. Then the teacher touched either the space between the fingers, or a finger and asked 'what letter is this?'

It might be even cooler if you could play a note on a small keyboard and asked your DD to point to the note on her hand, in addition to training of associating the position with a letter. Or your DD might enjoy 'playing' a song on her fingers as she sings along.

Even if you aren't the main teacher, you might find some part of it that could be a special activity between you and your dd - perhaps 'txtmessaging' on your fingers back and forth words that use the letters A through G by pointing to the fingers and spaces in between? (perhaps touch your palm to signify any letter H or beyond?) I haven't ever done this, so let me know if it works. I guess if you want it to work you might have to teacher her finger signing for letters H-Z.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com