Eh, my kid has food issues, for sure, but I've always refused to make them my issues. She either eats or she doesn't, and she's in charge of that. She will often help me cook, eat a bunch of the ingredients raw, and then refuse to eat even a bite when the meal is done. Some days she barely eats anything. Other days she eats more than I do. She's perfectly healthy, and a normal weight, so I'm fine with that.

It's actually healthier for a child to do this... it means his/her stomach/brain is teaching them when his/her body needs food and when it doesn't... as an overweight adult, I WISH I had this ability... ha. wink wink

Both DC can eat me out of house and home one day and absolutely nothing the next. Though we do make them sit down and eat at meal times, they are not forced to eat every single thing on their plates (though we don't put tons - rather them eat and ask for seconds than waste food). The thing we do focus on though is that they are not allowed to ask for "treats" if they did not eat a substantial amount of healthy food (at mealtime) first. DD4 is notorious for taking ONE bite and then asking for dessert!!