My feeling right now is that he falls into a gray area that may never be well defined. When I received the report form to evaluate him, I had to call back for clarification because what exactly is 'sometimes, often and always'. The teacher reported on Asperger's Disorder Scale (GADS) that he sometimes seems unaware of social conventions, lacks sublety of emotions and requires an excessive amount of reassurance if things are changed or go wrong. 'He becomes very preoccupied with certain subjects, dispays superior knowledge in certain areas and demonstrates exceptionl memory. States she 'was concerned that he becomes preoccupied with certain subjects in a manner that is much more intense than other children'. She also noted that he is very kind and loving child, has a zest for learning new things, can be very humerous etc... DS was in a full time gifted program that had a 98% entrance but lower numbers were admitted to fill seats. A lot of this resolved upon bringing home to homeschool. I starting to feel that the 'mild PDD' is a wimpy diagnosis but I don't want to fall into denial if something is present and needs to be addressed. Does anyone know what the special ed services would look like for that kind of diagnosis?