So we've finished the OT evaluation, and it was determined that he could benefit from OT but it wasn't horrendous. He doesn't qualify for OT through an IEP because he missed it by just a few points and she said that there was no way she could fudge the testing to have him qualify. She will be sending me a report with specific things that we can work on at home, and she spent a good amount of time explaining her findings.

We are in the middle of the language assessment, and my younger ds has a speech IEP and this is actually his speech therapist. She and I spoke after the first portion of ds's testing and said that his pragmatic language portion was extremely low, and she had some more testing that she wanted to do before giving me the final results so we have our appt. tomorrow.

I did call our insurance and found out that they cover OT, as well as interactive metronome at a really high percentage of coverage so we're going to wait until after the IEP assessments are done and see what if anything will be provided through the district and if not we'll follow the recommendations and provide the help for him. I'm looking into finding someone to work with him through the anxiety, because that is fairly significant for him and I'm hoping I can find someone through our insurance that also offers social groups as well.

We're very careful about diet in our home (all organics, many raw foods, and no food additives/coloring) but it can always be improved. Unfortunately, whatever sort of rules and ways of doing things in our home are done the complete opposite way in his biological father's home because he feels we offer too much structure so my ds gets to eat total garbage on his visits with his father (they stop for slurpees on the way to the freeway, and then eat fast food for dinner each and every visit). I do have some Nordic Natural's krill oil for myself, so I'll investigate giving it to him as well as zinc and iron.