Thank you all for the warm welcome, and support.

We had a language assessment today, which went fairly well. He doesn't get pragmatic language at all, so I was not surprised when he scored very low. We have another appointment next week to finish up his language assessment and we'll know more than. Tomorrow he is supposed to finish up his OT assessment and I'm hoping to learn a bit more, and I'm expecting some drama afterwards with stimming and agitation. I was able to schedule a pottery class right afterwards so he has something else to focus on, and hopefully he can enjoy himself and blow off a little bit of steam.

We have discussed some of what's going on with him, but using very general terms. We haven't discussed the "label" but we have discussed that his brain is having to work quite a bit harder in some areas, and we want to know why and what that means exactly. We did also let him know that everyone has areas that are easy, and some areas of their life that aren't as easy and he's no dingaling he knew something wasn't quite right. He's been wearing a watch for the last few days, because he wants to work on telling time which is great.

I have an appointment with the developmentalist for follow up with all the assessment results next month so we can make sure we're doing everything we can for him. The one thing that has been conflicting is that the audiologist said he didn't have CAPD or any other issues, but the Educational Therapist said that his screening was fairly clear that something wasn't quite right and thought it could be more likely Hyperacusis than CAPD but that should have shown up in his assessment with the Audiologist.

The stimming has continued, but I think I'm more in tune with it right now because I know it's not something most neurotypical children do. I don't know if I'm picking up on new stimming, or if it's just stimming with other funky stuff mixed in. He hums constantly, and it's the same melody over and over at times for example.