Hi, welcome! Wanted to say - wow, don't beat yourself up about the birth, the docs/nurses/midwives are the ones who are supposed to know this stuff inside and out and make the best diagnoses for treatment, induction, whatever. I know in this day and age mothers and fathers are supposed to be 'up' on every aspect of childbirth and then of course child rearing, but it simply isn't possible most of the time (unless your an obgyn) - and then when it comes time to deliver, a thousand variables come into play.
I love ColinsMum's answer, good stuff there.
My 2e ds9 has some serious quirks as well, some of the 'crickets chirping' while telling time, math rote memorization is a very much an uphill battle for him, and I have wondered about the xtra long 'natural' labor we had - no meds, 'bradley method' over seen by a great female md, natural-birth inclined, who was incredible. But things just a took a long time, and you gotta wonder.
Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job handling things and loving the kids you have - hang in there, glad you found the board!