Your daughter is giving you the opportunity to learn some lessons many parents don't fully understand until their kids are teenagers or adults. The first is that we actually have very little control. It is easy during the toddler and preschooler years to think you have a lot more control over your child and her universe than you ultimately really do. Parents can try to make the athlete the scholar or the mathematician the actor, but it rarely works for long. Your daughter is demonstrating that she's developing just fine. It isn't your job to control that.

The second possible lesson is that our fears can really get in the way of enjoying our kids and developing strong relationships with them. That fear comes out of love and a desire to protect, but that makes it no less damaging.

I encourage you to approach her development with an open mind. This may not be the kid you expected and she may surprise you. But, something being different from what we expected doesn't mean it is bad. I too was where you were years ago. I felt terrified about grade skipping. I feel glad I tried to shed that fear and really look at it with an open mind because it was the road to having a happy, well adjusted kid.

I would strongly suggest you get a copy of this book: http://www.amazon.com/Parents-Guide-Gifted-Children/dp/0910707529/ref=tmm_pap_title_0