Thanks Dottie. I definitely see what you mean -- and I also think he has asynchronous development. I do expect a lot from him and tend to go overboard nipping any "strange" behaviors in the bud before they get out of control.

But then there are certain things that are clearly not normal like when he had a friend over I guess she was saying she doesn't like dogs (he thought she did and should like dogs) and he went and got his library book and showed her about how friends shouldn't tease. I think he totally misunderstood the situation. He thought she was teasing him or something. And he'll say "You're joking" sometimes, misusing this terminology. Subtle things. I'm never sure if there is something wrong in his brain or if I am expecting him to understand things that he shouldn't yet.

Add'l info: He writes and spells quite well. Phonetically sometimes and memorization sometimes with the letter order slightly wrong. He keeps a journal (I make him) and writes a few sentences about his day almost every day since almost 4 to now.

The whole number memorization thing though? Is that possible under a sole gifted label?

Last edited by surfbaby; 03/04/10 08:26 AM.