Well, I hope to get the subtests this week, but I think I am starting to get an idea of what happened (and I am not excited about it). I talked to a friend who is a psychologist and is familiar with testing, and she asked me several questions about the test itself, since I was present for the entire thing. I told her that DS would answer several questions on a subtest (correctly), and then the tester would just move on to the next test. I can think of at least 3 test sections where he moved on before DS had missed a single question. I assumed wrongly he was hitting the ceiling for 6 yr olds, but didn't realize at the time that the test went up through adulthood, and there would have been several more questions he could have been asked. Apparently the tester just ended the section himself if he thought that DS would probably get the next few wrong. He actually mentioned to me afterwards that he had not done certain parts b/c DS "couldn't have had the life experiences to know that yet". I didn't realize that he was actually ending subest sections whenever he decided to, but apparently that seems to be the case. The friend I talked to said that she does know of psychologists who have done that if they were certain that a child had reached a certain point where they would be eligable for gifted programs for example, and they felt like a higher score wouldn't really matter at that point.

It may very well be true that DS would have scored the same if the tester had gone on and let him miss 3 questions or whatever it is on each section. And in reality, we don't need a higher score for anything right now...I was not planning to apply to DYS at this point, and we are not trying to advocate for a grade skip. My problem is that if we decide to do any of those in the future,he would have to get retested to see if it would even be an option. Has anyone else heard of a psychologist doing something similar? To me it seems completely unethical.

Sorry for the rant, I am just frustrated.