Originally Posted by Dottie
I believe the nonverbal knowledge section has ironic pictures, that might be problematic if Asperger's is at play. (Please note I'm speaking beyond my expertise here!)
Ah! That might be the case. He seems to have trouble reasoning from visual cues(pictures, facial expressions, etc) in general. May be it's just Aspie thing. Thanks, Dottie.

gratified3, thank you for the info. I'm still trying to figure out what his IQ/achievement data suggest about his weaknesses and strengths, and I can't seem to get a clear picture of them. He is a very puzzling kid!

I remember reading somewhere that kids with ASD do not do well on Comprehension subtest on the WISC-IV. His scaled score was 19. The psychologist who tested him even suggested us to read "Misdiagnosis and Dual Diagnoses of Gifted Children and Adults". He was suspicious of DS's original diagnosis of ASD. Then again, I know he has some typical Aspie issues.... I thought he was verbally gifted. His VCI on the WISC-IV is 148 (158 with Extended norms) Similarities 16, Vocabulary 19 and Comprehension 19 and Verbal IQ 144 on the SB-5. Yet his Oral Language on WJ III is only 115! shocked I just don't understand this kid!

Anyways, sorry for butting in on your thread, eaglemom. Welcome!

Last edited by Botchan; 02/26/10 06:52 PM.