Hi, I have three sons all of whom struggle with handwriting. My husband and his brother also struggled in the same way, and were sent for OT when they were children. Their handwriting is still terrible, and it still takes them longer to hand write anything (of course it did not prevent them from earning PhDs at Yale and Stanford respectively). I wish I had an easy solution for you on the handwriting concern. However, I can tell you my two older sons are teens now, and the handwriting is no longer a real issue in school, for the most part. (Sometimes there are concerns when there is a written essay section on a timed test, and that is the only time it is a problem). I don't know if that is helpful. One thing I would like to say though (and I hope it does not make you angry): please do some research on the sensory processing disorder diagnosis. This is very, very trendy as a label, but is not well supported scientifically. My oldest had some genuine and severe disabilities (including autism) and we wasted much time with the sensory processing diagnosis and sensory therapies, before learning they have not been shown to be helpful in PROPERLY structured, scientific studies. Now youngest ds has been identified as having this (at school) and we resist going down that path since we saw it was not helpful for oldest brother. These therapies are a business and there are big financial interests. Nobody says the kids don't "look" like there is something like that going on, but when one applies the identified and purported treatments for this supposed diagnosis, it gets you nowhere. I am not aware of any medical doctors or even any other licensed professionals who are legally able to diagnose a child and who will give this label. Was your child given this "diagnosis" by an OT? Buyer beware.