Originally Posted by Grinity
get out the big time bribes!!!! It makes such a difference.

Ahhh, if only my son were bribeable! My life would be so much easier. But, he doesn't really react to much of anything. We've tried EVERYTHING, and he just doesn't care about his grades or school career. He does like GT, and I told him that he may have to be moved back to regular ed. He reacted strongly to that, but I'm not sure how much of this is within his control.

We're going to try to find outside services, but like most families, we really can't afford high copays and long-term treatments, and we sure can't afford to pay anything out of pocket...no matter how much we might want to.

Here's an e-mail from his GT teacher:

"It seems you have decisions to make if [your son] is to remain here at [School Name]. Those options are limited by the resources we have available.

Although it might be the best for [your son] to get instruction in non-GT classes, it is really up to you. If you choose to have him remain in GT full time, services by a special education teacher are not possible. I am not sure how other middle schools service twice exceptional children, but I feel sure it varies.

OR, if you want him in non-GT Language Arts and Social Studies, he can still come to me for GT math/science and we can continue accommodations. However, by not being serviced by a special education teacher, I am not sure what his IEP will
say....

I don't know who else to ask about this situation."

crazy

Age-Gap parenting a 2e 12-year-old and an 8-month-old