Well, I had the DD6's conference and her teacher seems wonderful. The teacher looks for opportunities to challenge her. The teacher let her explain a new classroom game to the class, she talks with her about her ARs, encourages her writing to be more indepth. I think she is noticing her and making a big effort. Teacher said she is doing well and feels she is challenged enough in school. They will not give her an IQ test.

The teacher mentioned is DD is day dreaming in class more lately. Teacher is not overly concerned. In this situation, she ask the kids if they are using their time well and the kids usually get refocused. Anybody have thoughts on daydreaming? Maybe it's no be deal.

At this point, I will look into having an IQ done outside and continue to enrich her at home. It doesn't seem like school will do anything else for her at this time.

I'm still looking into other schools and waiting for DYS membership to kick in. I forgot DS's signatures so it was delayed. I'm feeling a little tired of all this right now.

Last edited by onthegomom; 01/21/10 07:00 AM.