I asked the principal (with some gifted experience) if she would test my DD6 first grader. She said, "that sort of request needs to come from the teacher and NO the school can't test everybody. I'm thinking she needs more challenge and her brother was tested with 140 IQ so that would be reasoning enough. The school tested DS becuase of behavior.

I have a conference coming up with her teacher. MY DD is a "perfect student" at school, straight As, friends, good listener, ect. I'm not expecting her Young teacher to have gifted experience. She is adored by my daughter. Any ideas to incourage testing request to the principal from the teacher?

I think it would be so nice if she was in DYS with her brother. I really don't know if she is a good canidate. DS has all the gifted charateristic. DD is very quick to learn and ahead of peers but not an obssessive learner like her brother.

If the school does not do the testing, I may have it done which will be hard finacially. So if I wanted to start with just one test, Which test should I pick? Do you agree it's a good idea at this age or is there a reason to wait. Should I wait until after the summer, when I get her cogat scores?

Last edited by onthegomom; 01/07/10 05:00 PM.