My DD6 has been frustrated in school.

She has been going ahead of the class in her work book and writing the answers very lightly under the fill in lines. I think she has been doing this to see if she knows it on her own before they do the work as a class. Since 3 year old preschool, she would take simple work and make it more interesting to increase the challenge. I would consider that a coping ability.

The reading feels babyish. She is reading some chapter books at home some at 2 & 3reading level. She said she does not raise her hand all the time. She wants to give the other kids a chance to answer. I don't know what to say to that. The teacher suggested she do AR test to challenge her and DD is very proud to do these. She takes a lot of pride in being a school girl. I'm thinking Social and behavior is very good at school. Grades would probably be straight A s. I do talk to her everyday after school so she can let out frustrations that don't show up at school.

Group discipline is also very hard for her. When she is doing the right thing and the class as a whole loses points she feels frustrated.

She is very frustrated with the pace of the math, waiting to do it with a group.
She is doing very well with her Math fact papers at school and for HW. Now the Math facts practice at home is making her mad. She does not want to do the flash cards. I think she could use the practice. I suggested we take out some of the hard flash cards or use dice. She got mad and said she hates it and doesn't want to practice. I did get her to practice Math on her leapster. I have some Math sites and disks she can do that are fun and colorful.

I'm having trouble knowing what to do with all this frustration. Any suggestions?