"GO LIE DOWN!"

My son's new favourite thing to say to our dogs.

He won't call me mommy (he doesn't call me anything) but he puts our dogs in their places! He also tells them to sit or lay down & will reward them when they've done what he wants. Of course half they time they don't understand him either!! laugh

Lucas (DS20mo) has always been very advanced in his understanding of speech but is only NOW becoming more clear so we can actually understand what he's been trying to say all this time. He'll say things like "my cup is empty" but it comes out like "(gibberish) cup (gibberish) epti" or "the juice is all gone" comes out "jus (gibberish) all gon" or "daddy is outside" (at work) and it comes out like "dada us ousie!" and sometimes he just stands in the middle of the room and screams non-sense at you laugh. Most of the time I get one or two words out, and his stories usually relate to the dogs, but most of the time you just have to smile & nod then try to answer him (or he gets VERY upset!).

I used to try to teach him to pronounce things properly and it ended up in him running around the house obsessively trying to get words right "C... C... C... TraCtor..." etc. So I stopped doing that & we're just waiting until he gets things right on his own time smile.

I have the feeling once he does get started it's never going to stop...

I joke all the time now, he's like living with the Swedish Chef form the muppets. He's fully convinced he's talking (and probably is) and also expects you to understand him but at the end of the day most of it is still gibberish! laugh