Yes! There was a stage when I was convinced he was saying long sentences beginning "I", months before he had even a handful of definitely clear single words. A bit later DH and I both heard him say "Oh dear, I did a poo" at a time when he was at the single-word stage otherwise. It was weird, and I wondered at one point whether he'd just get clearer and clearer with sentence-length utterances, but in the end he did (albeit very rapidly) go through single word, two-word phrase and telegraphic utterances stages, as per normal; in particular, he had a brief stage of using his own name to start sentences about himself, not "I". I don't know what to think of it now. He was a late talker, but somehow he could always make himself understood - was that really partly because of the sounds he produced, or not? Dunno. I tend to think I probably imagined a lot of his early speech, in the sense that he probably wasn't really intending to say sentences beginning "I" when I was hearing them, didn't really say a 6 word sentence when he was otherwise at the single word stage, etc. We humans are very, very good at interpreting sequences of sounds as speech - we have to be, or babies couldn't ever learn to talk! Not surprising if this ability is sometimes overactive.

Email: my username, followed by 2, at google's mail