One thing that I will say re: the actual book. I thought the quizzes and the descriptions were very helpful, but the suggestions for educational strategies and materials I just skimmed over and didn't find applicable to my kiddos. Still, I was fascinated by the descriptions and how well they matched the outcomes each of us got when we took the disposition quiz. Also the book had the best breakdown of learning styles I've ever read. For the record, I don't necessarily buy into the idea that instruction should always be geared to learning style, but I do think it is empowering to get insight into what makes us tick.

As to the ADD references: I had the same reaction. However, I think that that is part of what I found empowering. The conversation changes when a child is described as distractable and we can counter with different vocabulary to describe the same behavior. Schools are definitely designed to reward the producer style. We talked about all the cool things in the areas where DD scored really high--and we pointed out that knowing that the producer area was a weakness for her didn't mean she couldn't learn to meet external deadlines, etc..., but rather that she was going to have to teach herself those skills because it wasn't going to come easily for her like it does for some other people. We still have a long way to go in that area, but she is able to articulate that she isn't a very linear kid and that she needs to keep working on that. Because the weak area was juxtaposed with the strength areas, she didn't see it as a criticism--more as the price for getting to be the cool thinker/creator that she is smile