DS 7 was suspended from school for rest of the day on Monday. To my horror, he was flip and disrespectful to his teacher. It started out with my son flipping ahead in his math workbook being disruptive in class. The teacher took his book away. He got up from his desk and went to the teacher's desk and took the book back. The teacher and him had a tug of war with the book.

He was sent to the counselor's office, but she was unable to calm him down. He was then sent to the Asst. Principal's office, again she was not able to bring him back to normal. Then I was called to come pick him up.

The next day I brought him to school to make sure he apologized to his teacher. I was amazed at how his whole demeanor changed as soon as we walked through the doors of the school. He has developed a barrier soon as he hits the school.

We went into a private room for him to talk to the teacher. Again, I couldn't believe his body language. He would not look at his teacher, he was turning his back to us, he was leaning on everything. He was completely tuning us out and saying what ever he thought we wanted to hear.

This is not my son. He does not act like this at home or at any other places we take him.

After having long conversations with him, I got to the root of the matter. The teacher hurt his feeling when she took his book away. This started the mad issue, to the point of no return.

He will not communicate his feeling to any one, but me. He will only tell the counselors at school, "you wont understand."

How do I help him get over the emotional sensitivities and to communicate his feeling to the right people??

I was able to see this first hand yesterday. He was in his Destination Imagination class. All the kids made something out of newspaper. He completed his creation and one of the kids crumpled it up. It set the mood for the rest of the class. He should have told some one.

I also feel his development is uneven. His emotional maturity is that of a younger child.

He is aware of how the other children treat him. He tells me, "they ignore me when I try to talk to them."

Please help!!